Sunday, June 27, 2010

Hold on tight, time fly's

The new contender Costa Rica entered the ring on May 23rd, somewhere in cyberspace. That was where I found it, facebook, blogs, webpages, or twitters, somehow they have all merged together in a blur.

Well, It wasn't to long after that, that I fired off an email to my parents with the address for Passport Medicals website, www.passportmedical.com. May 24th I received an email that my parents were reading a lot about Costa Rica and both were very excited. May 25th my parents contacted Passport Medical with my dad's information, and they were told that someone would be in contact with them shortly. May 26th that someone from Passport Medical contacted my father and let them know that they had some cancellations and because my father had the scans done already they could book him into one of the two open spots. They were ecstatic, they asked some questions that they had and put off giving an answer until the next day.

May 27th was a very special day, I was bringing over the granddaughter for a three day sleepover. While I was there we discussed the proposed trip, the dates, pro's and con's of Costa Rica over the other countries. It seemed like this was the second best option after having the procedure performed in Nanaimo, which could be at least a year or more away. So while I was there, they booked their trip to Costa Rica.

In four days they went from reading about people going to get the Liberation Treatment in other countries, to being one of those people going to another country. In the room there was a sense of anxiety, relief, joy and anticipation all at the same time. Wow, that's a lot of money to spend. Man, how lucky are we, some countries have huge waiting lists. Geez, my dad might be with out MS soon. I pray everything goes smooth.

This will be a trip of a life time, a trip filled with hope.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Greg, We love your blog! You are doing an excellent job! Loved the "rant" on Wednesday, Dad says: Good for you! Love you, Mom & Dad xoxo

    ReplyDelete